Children Under the Age of 13
- Children under 13 are not permitted to use Plurk. We do not knowing collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or allow such persons to register on Plurk. In the event that we become aware that personal information from a child under 13 has been collected without parental consent, we will take all steps to delete this information immediately. Should you have any information about any such users under the age of 13, please contact us.
Children between the Ages of 13-18
- We ask that users between the ages of 13-18 get permission from their parents or a guardian before registering on Plurk and sending us or anyone else any information about themselves.
Information Collection and How it is used
- Plurk collects personal identifiable information (PII) (such as your name, age, gender) when you register on Plurk so that you may use the service or post content on post any content to Plurk
- When you register we will ask for your email address, your name, your gender and other optional information such as your birth date, birth place, location, address, cell phone number and personal interests.
- Plurk also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie(s), and the page you request.
- This information is typically used for general purposes: service communication, identification, authentication, service improvements, contact coordination, research, thwarting malicious use and anonymous reporting.
- Plurk may send registered users infrequent opt-in newsletters informing of major service improvements, upgrades, or other pertinent announcements affecting our users and the www.yf847.community. You may unsubscribe to this mailing list at any time directly from within the newsletter, or under the notifications tab in your account. Unsubscribe requests are honoured immediately.
- You will only receive transactional email related to the activities you engage on Plurk. (ie. registration confirmations, unsubscribe requests, prod requests, notifications of new private messages, confirmation of account setting changes, notification of new friend requests) You are free to change your email notification settings at anytime from within your account options and notifications page.
- You may opt-in to use our peer-initiated process to invite friends to Plurk by sending them email invitation requests. Only one automated invitation email follow-up is ever sent to individuals who are invited to use Plurk through a peer initiated process. We do not store the email addresses of unregistered users on our service. All invited parties have the option of globally removing themselves from receiving any future invites initiated by other peers on the Plurk service in the future by opting-out from directly within the invitation email.
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser whenever you view a webpage. This info is stored in Plurk with your user registration data in our database. We use this information to:
- Diagnosing problems or issues reported by users that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by some specific company or ISP
- Tailor advertising and the user experience based on the geo location of your IP address. Aggregate info derived from IP addresses may be reported to advertisers.
- Get a picture of how many users are visiting Plurk from specific geographic regions.
- Trace back the source of any malicious or illegal use of the Plurk service so that we can more easily track and disable such usage as it arises.
Our cookies aren't used to collect any personally identifiable information about you. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies, to better help you interact with the service, to monitor web traffic data, and to improve the overall experience of our users on Plurk.
- A session cookie enables us to offer certain features to you on the site and is deleted immediately from your computer when you leave the site.
- A persistent cookie, on the other hand, remains after you leave the site or close your browser and can be used by your browser on subsequent visits (ie. to help you stay logged in on a follow up session).
You should be able to configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use Plurk services that require you to login to the service, which may render you unable to take full advantage of the service. Third party advertisers or other entities do not have access to our cookies.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- When you post a message on Plurk, your Plurk ID or alias that you are posting under is visible to other users.
- Plurk does not and will not share your email address with any 3rd party or other entity without your express permission. All email addresses are stored securely on our secure site servers behind a firewall. Your email address is only used to send you site specific communication that you've opted in to receive.
- If you post personal information on Plurk that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
- Plurk may be required to disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Plurk TOS.
- Plurk may share demographic information with business partners. No personally identifiable information will ever be used without your permission.
- Plurk does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested or when we have your permission.
- It may be necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Plurk's TOS, or as otherwise required by law.
- Plurk may display targeted advertisements based on personal information that is exhibited in people's profiles.
Editing and Deleting Account Information
- You can change your Plurk info, at any time using the account edit link once your are logged in.
- You can delete your Plurk account at any time from your account page; however, please note that some identification and contact information may remain in our records for a short period of time.
- Your Plurk account info is password-protected.
Plurk is concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your personally identified information. Your info is located on a secure server behind a firewall. Moreover, on some parts of the site (invitations, login), Plurk uses SSL-encryption to protect data transmission and safeguard your data. In case of breach, we will make any legally-required disclosures of breach of security or confidentiality of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data to you via email or through a prominent notice displayed on the site.
Links to other Sites/Content
Plurk contains links to other websites. The fact that there are links to other websites on Plurk is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party site. We do not exercise control over the content of third party sites. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use and disclosure of personally identifiable info that you submit to them. Please review the privacy policies or TOS from other sites that you visit.
Effective as of May 24, 2018, Plurk's commitment to GDPR Compliance and data privacy can be obtained here.
P.O. Box 2582
Grand Cayman KY1-1103